The temps have been a little too warm, but they are getting more seasonable and that will mean more great skiing! March and April offer some of the best skiing of the year. But without good grooming the trails can become rough, the tracks washed out. The ski club wants to keep grooming, but we need your help. The club pays for ALL trail grooming and NEEDS your donations to continue grooming.
If you’re ready to donate, just click here. If that doesn’t work, go to the NSCF home page (www.nscfairbanks.org) and then to the “Support NSCF” dropdown menu. From there click on “Birch Hill Trail Fund.”
- Facts about ski trails at Birch Hill:
- The Ski Club pays for all trail grooming NOT the borough.
- Our ski season is weeks to months longer than most places.
- The annual cost of the trail program is about $100,000 a year. This includes: labor, fuel, and equipment maintenance and replacement.
- Grooming is paid for entirely by donations
Also, is your membership for the ski club current? Your membership helps keep trail grooming and all our other programs running. To join or renew click here or go the “Membership” dropdown menu on the NSCF home page.
Have a great spring skiing season!