The first NSCF tour of the season kicks on on December 1 with the Rosie Creek Ramble! Details below.
- When: Sunday, December 1, 2019
- Start time and place: 11am, Rosie Creek Trail (see directions below)
- Estimated tour time: 1.5 to 2 hours
- Description: A mellow 4-mile ski on the Rosie Creek trails. Beginners very welcome as is anyone who would like an introduction to the huge system of unmaintained ski trails out there. The trail crosses a small beaver pond, then gently climbs up a ridge into warmer temperatures. After following the ridge for nearly a mile, it loops back down to where we started. No cancellation temperature.
- Directions to start: We will meet at a small pull off on the side of Rosie Creek Trail. To get there, take the Parks Highway to Cripple Creek and drive down it until it becomes a dirt road. The next right is Rosie Creek, and the pull off is a little over a mile down. I’ll be there in a red pickup truck with a friendly white dog who loves company. (In other words: Dogs allowed.)
- Leader: Steven Hansen: stevenseanhansen (at) gmail.com; 799-5627