The Moose Mountain Sunrise ski tour this Saturday offers cross-country skiers a hilly course on which to greet the winter sun. This tour follows an out-and-back course that goes to the top of Moose Mountain and beyond (but only if you want to go that far). Details are below and can also be found on the NSCF Facebook Events.
Third Annual Moose Mountain Sunrise Tour
- When: Saturday, December 21
- Start time and place: Arrive at 9:30am; tour begins at 10:00am SHARP! Meet at Bakers’ home at 3020 Moose Mountain Road. (Please carpool if at all possible.)
- Estimated tour time: 2-4 hours, 8-12 kilometers
- Description: Tour starts right from our home at an elevation of about 1100 feet and climbs up to 2000 feet. The entire first 2 km are all uphill, steep at times. Then the next 2-4 km are ups and downs and some flat-ish portions. The final 2 km are VERY DOWN, the same 2 km you’ll climb in the beginning. Skiers must be proficient in skiing UP and DOWN hills! The trail will be very well GROOMED, but no classic track. Most enjoy classic skiing, but the trail will be completely skate-able. Our goal is to be up on TOP at SUNRISE. There is NO temperature cut off! Please R.S.V.P. for this tour. Contact as there is limited parking. There will be hot drinks and snacks afterwards inside the Bakers home. All are welcome to bring some snacks.
- Leaders: Bob and Sharon Baker @ 455-6689