The 13th Annual Golden Heart Trail Run will be happening on Saturday, October 3, at the Birch Hill Recreation Area.
This will be Golden Heart Trail Run 2.0. A virtual version of the race was run earlier. This version will be run in person but with COVID-19 safety measures in place. Come be a part of a fun day of racing for the whole family! Grab and go snacks, sponsored by Trax Outdoor Center, will be available after each race.
The event will be held in accordance with recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Participants will start in waves to reduce crowd sizes. Youth races will have a limited of 25 kids per wave. The 5-kilometer races will have a limit of 50 people per wave. No race bibs will be given out. Participants will receive a sticker 15 minutes before the start of their designated race. Each finisher will receive a Nordic Ski Club of Fairbanks face mask. Donated finisher masks sponsored by HB Rueter Engineering and an anonymous donor.
Races will start at 10 a.m. with the following starting schedule:
- 1 kilometer for ages 7 and under
- 2.5 kilometers for 8- to 14-year-olds
- 5 kilometers for community and high school racers
- 5 kilometers for elite racers (sub 20 minutes/men, sub 24 minutes women)
- Fees are $15 for 17 and under; $25 for 18 and older.
- Online registration only: https://register.chronotrack.com/r/56679
- Registration is open until 11:59 pm on Thursday, October 1.
- NO EARLY BIB PICK UP OR RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- For questions contact Susan Kramer (907/590-5086)
The Golden Heart Trail Run is run by the Nordic Ski Club of Fairbanks. All proceeds will benefit FXC, the NSCF junior ski racing program.