In light of Governor Dunleavy’s announcement this morning about the Covid-19 situation statewide, the Nordic Ski Club of Fairbanks Skier Development Oversight Committee (SDOC) has recommended that the start of this season’s Jr. Nordics lessons be POSTPONED.  

If your child is scheduled for lessons TODAY (NOV. 12) or SUNDAY (NOV. 15), their lesson has been postponed.

The SDOC and the NSCF Board will be meeting to evaluate and discuss the Governor’s recommendations. The NSCF has every intention of proceeding with the season, knowing that XC skiing is one of the few safe activities that is available to families.  However, we need to make sure that all JN Families and Coaches stay safe.  We appreciate your patience  and understanding, as we evaluate the best way to put on a SAFE and FUN winter activity for your children.
Thank you,
Susan Kramer
Junior Nordics Coordinator