Devo Fall: August 24th – October 24th 2020 (9 weeks total with 8 weeks of training)
Devo Fall will run from August 24th- October 24th but traditionally there has been a 1 week break in the middle of the fall so the pricing and registraion is for 8 weeks of training. The NSCF Board of Directors and SDOC have developed a set of policies to determine which type of training is safe given current case rates. We encourage you to read through the policies closely before registering:
The Fall schedule has been designed for group sizes of 10 athletes or less based on recent coronavirus transmission rates and we are going to try and divide the devo group a bit more than we did this summer. The “earlier schedule” will be designed for older Devo athletes and those who have done devo in previous years. The “later schedule” will be designed for those that are new to devo this year or are younger devo athletes.
Devo: Open to athletes who are in the U14 or U12 age range. A U12 is a skier who has turned 10 on or before December 31 of that winter season – so for the 2020-2021 training year that would be a skier born in 2010 or before).
- Three day/week, U12 and U14 age specific workouts held outdoors. Maximum of 10 athletes/session unless current case rates change
- Athletes will enroll in either one of two schedules upon registration and switching between groups is discouraged
- Devo Schedule 1 designed for older devo athletes or those that have done devo in previous years: 5:30-7:00 Tuesday/Thursday and Saturday noon-1:30PM
- Devo Schedule 2 designed for younger or first year devo athletes: 6-7:30 Tuesday/Thursday and Saturday 12:30-2:00PM
- Devo fall programs are not nordic skiing “sport specific” but rather use a number of different training modalities to develop agility, speed, strength, balance and endurance.
- Training sessions will include body weight strength exercises, jumping and balance exercises, running, orienteering, scavenger hunts, mountain biking, stretching and recovery exercises
- Cost $275 for the 8 week session. Discounts available for those with multiple athletes enrolled in FXC
Devo +: For U12 and U14 skiers who wish to learn to rollerski in a supplemental session each week
- Four day/week, U12 and U14 age specific workouts each week.
- Devo+ includes all of the Devo sessions each week on Tuesday’s, Thursdays and Saturday’s and an additional Rollerski practices from 6-7:30 on Wednesday’s
- Training sessions on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday will include body weight strength exercises, jumping and balance exercises, running, orienteering, scavenger hunts, mountain biking, stretching and recovery exercises
- Wednesday training sessions will focus on learning how to rollerski safely. For Devo + we stick to just skating and double poling on rollerskis so only a single pair of skate rollerskis are needed for the season. Rollerskis are available to rent for the year for $50.
- Cost $350 for the 8 week session. Discounts available for those with multiple athletes enrolled in FXC